Client Service Associate-Billing (NYC hybrid)
Who We Are:
Covala Group is a proven enroller and administrator of executive disability insurance benefits for large corporate clients. Since 1993 we have connected employees of our clients to over $4.5 billion of income protection. We have approximately 30 employees in our NYC, Wall Street location. We serve corporate clients which typically have over 1,000 employees. Our corporate clients include Fortune 500 companies and AmLaw Top 100 law firms. We have over 25,000 executives insured through our programs. Our name, Covala, was inspired by the covalent bond, the strongest type of chemical bond there is. Covala embodies our dedication to forming powerful bonds with our clients and plan participants — connecting them to the benefits they need and the service they deserve.
Coval is a subsidiary of NFP. NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP (for Covala Group):
The Financial Data and Billing Associate provides high-level customer service to the firm’s corporate clients through customized financial analysis, billing and premium payment reconciliation. Covala provides insurance premium calculation, billing, and premium reconciliation support to over 50 corporate clients for their executive disability insurance benefits. Corporate clients include companies such as JPMorgan Chase, AbbVie, News Corp and American Express. The Associate will be an integral member of our four-person team providing this financial and billing support to these large corporate customers.
Our organization believes in continuous process improvement. The individual in this position will also participate in the company’s projects that involve working with cross-functional teams. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to contribute directly to a growing business and gain valuable experience.
The position will require more frequent in-office work, from our NYC Wall Street office for training and onboarding. A more flexible hybrid schedule after the training period.
- Analyze census data from our corporate clients, our internal database and our insurance carrier partners to determine how a policy should be billed on a regular basis.
- Ensure all payroll files, invoices and carrier backups are sent out according to corporate client and carrier requirements and deadlines.
- Conduct monthly audits and reports to determine any discrepancies regarding the payment of individual policies.
- Coordinate closely with corporate clients and insurance carriers to ensure premium payments are received and discrepancies are handled in a timely fashion.
- Develop a deep understanding of our billing processes as well as how the enrollment process affects the billing for a policy and vice versa.
- Coordinate with the Database Management team during client enrollment periods to ensure billing for newly enrolled executives of our corporate clients occurs smoothly.
- Handle billing and payment inquiries from eligible or enrolled executives about the disability insurance being offered through our enrollments.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel with VLookup, pivot tables, formula calculations, etc
- A detail-oriented and analytical approach to work
- Ability to work in a high-activity environment
- Self-organized and self-accountable qualities
- Strong ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage time
- A team-oriented and collaborative attitude
- Strong customer service skills
- A “can-do” attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Bachelors Degree preferred, in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance is a plus
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in the NYC metro area is $58,500 – $65,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, the skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. The actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You… Better together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
NFP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. It’s expected that all of our employees are aware of this policy and that they create an environment that’s sensitive and respectful to all individuals.