Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017 through 2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Commercial Lines Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will support the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients while supporting the Account Management Team as assigned.
This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your client service and account management skills. This is ideal for a promotional opportunity for insurance-Sr. Coordinators and new Account Managers.
This is a full-time position supporting our Burtonsville, MD office. We offer the flexibility of working from that office or an assigned office in the mid-Atlantic to the upper East Coast region (DC, MD, VA, NY). Remote option considered for experienced and P&C licensed candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts; may take an active role in meetings.
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. Prepare the first draft of the renewal presentation.
- Takes the lead on reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive. With approval from the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive, begin to communicate directly with clients and carriers.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Assist with answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent); BA/BS preferred
- Client service and/or industry and product line experience within Commercial Lines or Personal Lines is highly desired.
- We will consider recent college grads with insurance interest and relevant work/internship experience
- Experience with an agency management system required; EPIC preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required upon hire or can obtain within 3 months of hire
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.